Join us for a night kayaking adventure! Bring a little excitement to your vacation with our night kayaking tour in the Bio Bay of Laguna Grande Reserve!
Duration: 10 hours
Available times: 11:30 a.m.
Availability: Sunday – Friday
Included: Round-trip transportation from San Juan area & park entrance fee
- Bio Bay Night Kayaking - Beach - Rainforest Trio
El Yunque Rainforest Tour & Night Kayaking Adventure!
Blend a little excitement to your vacation with our El Yunque Rainforest – Luquillo Beach and Kiosks & Bio Bay Night Kayaking Trio!
This adventure is a full-day experience of hiking, swimming and paddling in two of the most visited natural wonders in Puerto Rico: El Yunque National Rainforest and the Bioluminescent Bay in Laguna Grande, Fajardo. You’ll also have the time to relax on the beautiful beach of Luquillo and enjoy the savory local cuisine the Kiosks offer.
- An Eco-Adventure for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers only!
- Explore the enchanting El Yunque National Rainforest: walk the trails, take a dip at the river and see nature at its finest.
- Visit the Luquillo Beach: Relax on our coasts, swim, sunbathe, build sandcastles… And drink & eat savory Puerto Rican cuisine at the Kiosks.
- Go Night Kayaking in the Laguna Grande Reserve: Paddle through the mangrove forest, watch the sunset or moonrise and have the chance to experience the glow of bioluminescent water.
- Pick-up at 11 a.m. from the San Juan area
- Rainforest tour from 12 to 3 p.m.
- Lunch at Luquillo Kiosks from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Bio Bay night kayaking from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Return to hotel before 10 p.m.
- What’s the cancellation policy?
To reserve a space, a credit card number is required. All cancellations are subject to a $10 per person cancellation fee. For a full refund (less the $10 per person cancellation fee), a cancellation notice 24 hours prior to the activities must be given by the participant for them to be eligible to it – otherwise, their credit card will be charged full price. Peniel Access Eco Tours can cancel activities due to extreme weather conditions or any warnings from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the U.S. Coast Guard and local weather authorities. A full refund will be given to all participants if we cancel for safety reasons.
- Do you still operate even if it’s raining?
If there will be heavy rain throughout the day, we may offer you the option of rescheduling or canceling without being charged but know that we still operate. If there are thunderstorms, we might not operate and chose to cancel the activities but you should not assume so. It is common in Puerto Rico for thunderstorms to move away quickly and will only cause for a short delay in our departure times. If a thunderstorm rolled in while performing the activities, the activities might be cut short.
- I have other questions not answered in this FAQ what shall I do?
Call us at (787) 463-1940 or email us at [email protected] or [email protected]
- I had such a great time, what can I do to recommend you to others?
Tell your friends! And also consider sharing your experiences on Google Reviews, Trip Advisor and our Facebook page. Thank you!
- What’s the cancellation policy?
- Fully guided tours of two reserves, El Yunque National Rainforest and the Laguna Grande Mangrove Forest.
- Live-commentary and interpretations about the surrounding ecosystem offered in English or Spanish.
- Available round-trip transportation.
- Exclusive Adaptive Paddling Program: from offering more comfortable seating to towing, we’ve got you covered. We also specialize with guests with disabilities, special needs and the elderly.
- 101 kayaking lessons and instruction – First time in a kayak? No problem.
- Big and Tall participant friendly. Weight up to 290lbs (131kg) per person.
- Mosquito repellent is not provided.
- Sunscreen is not provided.
- Waterproof pouches or cases for electronics are not provided.
- The Trio Tour lasts around 9.5 hours.
- The Trio Tour is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Minimum age for participants is six-years-old.
- Do not bring any valuables you do not want to lose, get wet or damaged.
- Lightweight, synthetic clothing or a swimsuit is best recommended for the activities. Avoid wearing jeans or sweats. Hiking boots or slip-resistant sneakers are a must for El Yunque National Rainforest.
- It is recommended you bring towels and changes of clothing for your convenience.
- Participants must know how to swim on their own in the rare case of capsizing at the Night Kayaking Tour.
- The Trio Tour operates even if it rains. In the case of extreme weather events or any warnings by the local weather authorities or the U.S. Coast Guard, the Tour will be cancelled and participants be notified.
- Anyone who is visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate and will still be charged.
- The Nature Walk and Hiking Tour Trips are led by Peniel Access Eco Tours Guide Service that operates under special use permit on the El Yunque National Forest and operates on a non-discriminatory basis.