This adventure is a full-day experience of hiking and paddling in two of Puerto Rico’s most visited natural wonders, El Yunque National Forest and Bio Bay.
Fajardo Bio Bay Night Kayaking Tour
Duration: 2 hours
Available times: 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Availability: Sunday – Friday
- Bio Bay Night Kayaking NO Transportation
- Bio Bay Night Kayaking With Transportation from San Juan area
Bio Bay Night Kayaking Tour in Fajardo Puerto Rico!
Bring a little excitement to your vacation with our night kayaking tour in the Bio Bay of Laguna Grande Reserve in Fajardo. The Bio Bay has microscopic organisms called dinoflagellates that produce a glowing effect when they are stirred by our paddles. Kayaking in Laguna Grande Reserve at night is a must-do activity you don’t want to miss!
Our Adaptive Paddling Program provides ample opportunity for creativity for anyone who would like to try kayaking for the first time. Also, if you have some special challenges, we can address these issues so that you too can enjoy the freedom that kayaking affords. Water is the ultimate equalizer. Join us for a tour today!
- An Eco-Adventure in the Mangrove Forest– For outdoor enthusiast and nature lovers only.
- Bio Bay Night Kayaking – Through the mangrove forest of Laguna Grande in Las Cabezas de San Juan Reserve.
- Chance to experience the glow of bioluminescent water.
- Wheelchair Accessible – Attainable Adaptations for guest with special needs and disabilities.
- Guided Night Kayaking Eco-Adventure at the Bioluminescent Bay of Laguna Grande Mangrove Reserve.
- Live-commentary and interpretations about the Ecosystem in English or Spanish – Fully guided by certified tour guides.
- 101 kayaking lesson – First time in a kayak! no problem.
- Adaptive Paddling Program with our experienced tour guides.
- Transportation Upgrade – available.
- Big and Tall Participants, no problem! – weight up to 250 pounds per person.
- Life jacket – US Coast Guard Approved.
- Two person sit-on-top kayaks
- Wheelchair Accessible – Attainable Adaptations for guest with special needs and disabilities.
- Transportation Available?
Yes, if you haven’t book the tour with transportation you can always upgrade your reservation for roundtrip transportation.
- Where are you located?
Rd. 987 Km 6.8 Kayaking Village Fajardo, PR 00738
GPS Coordinates 18.3654071,-65.6251796
- What should I wear?
Come prepared to get wet from your waist down. Lightweight, synthetic clothing or a swimsuit is the best. Do not walk bare foot on the beach for safety reasons.
- What to bring?
Change of clothes, towel and mosquito repellent (just in case!). You can bring cameras only with water proof bag or water proof case.
- What not to bring or wear?
We suggest that you try to avoid wearing jeans or sweats. Don’t bring any valuables you don’t want to get wet, lose or damage.
- Storage available?
In case you want to leave any article, you can leave it at the registration table. Anything you bring on the water has the potential to get wet, damage or lost.
- What’s the cancellation policy?
To reserve a space, a credit card number is required. All cancellations are subject to a $10 per person cancellation fee. We require a 24 hour cancellation notice to be eligible for a full refund less $ 10 per person cancellation fee, otherwise your credit card will be charged. PR Access Tours cancels due to unsafe weather conditions or any recommendation from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA. A full refund will be given if we cancel for safety reasons.
- Do you still take out trips if it is raining?
If it is a heavy rain we may offer you the option of rescheduling or canceling without being charged. If there is lightning close by we will cancel the trip but you should always assume the trip is going out and show up for your trip unless we have said otherwise. The rain and/or lightning may be moving away quickly and may only make for a short delay in our departure time even if it looks bad at the moment.
- Is it okay if I have a drink(s) before coming on the tour?
NO. Anyone who is visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate and will still be charged.
- I have other questions not answered in this FAQ what shall I do?
Call us at (787) 463-1940 or email us at [email protected]
- I had such a great time, what can I do to recommend you to others?
Like us on Facebook @ accesstourspr and share a review with others in TripAdvisor @ Peniel Access Eco Tours.
- Transportation Available?
- Mosquito repellent is not provided.
- Waterproof cell phone pouches are not provided.
- Gratuity is not included, but greatly appreciated.
- Minimum age is 7 years.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- This Night Kayaking tour operates even if it rain, except in the case of extreme weather events or any warnings by the local weather authorities or the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Night Kayaking tour last around 2 hours.
- Maximum weight is 240 pounds per person.
- You must be able to swim on your own in the rare case of capsizing.
- Parking available but limited
- Come prepared to get wet from your waist down.
- Lightweight, synthetic clothing or a swimsuit is the best.
- Do not walk bare foot on the beach for safety reasons.
- Don’t bring any valuables you don’t want to get wet, lose or damage.
- Anyone who is visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate and will still be charged.
- We reserved the right of admission.
- You must sign a waiver, as requested.
- Two persons double kayaks.
- Nature at it is – The bioluminescent intensity depends on weather conditions such as rain, tide, moon phase, Sun light and many other Nature factors that are not in control of Puerto Rico Access Tours. We do not photoshop.
- Don’t bring anything you don’t want to get wet, lost or damage.
- No electronics, No cameras or cell phone unless you have a waterproof case.
- For your convenience you can leave the car keys with us at the registration desk.
Essential Eligibility Criteria
- 7 years old is the minimum age, and children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Be able to comprehend and follow verbal and/ or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Manage to remain balanced, seated and hold head upright without neck / head support for 2 hours in a touring kayak.
- Manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a friend or family member.
- Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance.
- Independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket.
- In the event of a capsize, be able to independently get out and from under a capsized kayak and re-enter the kayak with the assistance of one other boat and your paddling partner.
- Be comfortable in the water including floating on back independently with a properly fitted PFD, turning from facedown to face up independently while wearing a properly fitted PFD, and holding breath while underwater.
- Be able to go kayaking for more than 3 miles independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance.
Peniel Alphas, Corp. | DBA Peniel Access Eco Tours | PR Access Tours Waiver and Release of Liability and Express Assumption of Risk. Participant Agreement Terms And Conditions.
Read Before You Signing
NOTICE: This is a legally binding agreement. By signing this agreement you give up your right to bring a court action to recover compensation or obtain any other remedy for any injury to yourself, your property or for your death however caused including but not limited to negligence arising out of your use of PENIEL Alphas Corp, Peniel Access Eco Tours, accesstours.com (“PENIEL”) / PR Access Tours now or at any time in the future. Activities covered by this document include hiking, canoeing, kayaking, night kayaking and transportation.
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in Peniel Alphas Corp. tours / PR Access Tours LLC, transportation and recreation program and related activities I, for myself, my personal representatives assign, heirs, and next of kin:
- ACKNOWLEDGE agree and represent that I understand the nature of paddle sports and related activities. Outdoors activities like hiking, or night kayaking are not risk free. We do not want to heighten or reduce your enthusiasm for the experience, but we do want you to know in advance what to expect, and to be informed of some of the possible risks. All manner of injury resulting from sea kayaking, sea night kayaking and kayaking in general entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, or to third parties. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
- FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) The same elements that contribute to the unique character and fun of outdoors activities involve risks and dangers of damage to personal property and serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“risks”); (b) these risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the activity, the condition in which the activity takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” named below; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and i fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I incur as a result of my participation or that of the minor in the Activity.
- HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Peniel Alphas Corp., affiliated clubs and organizational affiliates, their respective Tour Guides, Guides, Drivers, Staff, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, employees and other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the activity takes place, (each considered one of the “releasees” herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, injuries, damage to property, or other damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releasees” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and i further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement i, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the releasees, i will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
- ACKNOWLEDGE that I have been advised to wear an approved personal floatation device while sea kayaking and to fallow safety instructions and rules by PENIEL Alphas Corp. I am familiar with the proper use of the Equipment, including how to self-rescue, and of the ocean environment including tides, currents and weather effects. I am aware that there are guides available to answer any questions that I may have as to the proper use of the Equipment. Read and understand the safety rules stipulated by Peniel Alphas Corp.
- WILLINGLY agree to comply with terms, conditions and safety rules for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest guide immediately.
- LEGAL FEES – The customer, guest, riders, renters, participants, clients or kayakers agrees to pay all attorney and all related court expenses and fees made incurred by the Company Peniel Alphas Corp and its owners in enforcing the terms of this Contract or collecting any payment due under this Contract. The court of jurisdictions shall be in Puerto Rico.
- HEALTH STATEMENT – I will notify in writing by letter, text, or email before I make the reservation and the day of the event before the tour start to Peniel Alphas Corp. ownership or employees if I suffer from any medical or health condition that may cause injury to myself, others, or may require emergency care during my participation. Also, if I am reserving online, I will notify it in the note’s box in the online webpage.
- MEDIA STATEMENT – By signing below, I hereby grant and convey to Peniel Alphas, Corp. all right, title and interest in and to record and publish in the media and internet my name, image, voice, or statements including any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Peniel Alphas, Corp.
- FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PARTICIPANT OF MINOR AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION) – Parent or guardian: i, the minor’s parent and/or legal guardian, understand the nature of paddle sports, night kayaking tours, hiking, nature walk and related activities and the minor’s experience and capabilities and believe the minor to be qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity.
- LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY; INDEMNITY – participant releases Peniel Alphas Corp from any liability for consequential, incidental, special or indirect damages arising out of or related to this agreement, even if Peniel alphas Corp has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Participant will hold harmless, indemnify and defend Peniel alphas Corp, and its respective employees, directors, officers and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) against any and all actions, claims, suits, demands, judgments, losses, costs, expenses and/or damages, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from (a) any Product, (b) a breach by Supplier of this Agreement or any representation or warranty.
- NATURE AT IT IS – The bioluminescent intensity depends on weather conditions such as rain, tide, moon phase, Sun and many other Nature factors that are not in control of Peniel Access Eco Tours. We do not sell bioluminescence; we sell a Night Kayaking Tour.
Thank you for choosing Puerto Rico Access Tours. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest!