What is bioluminescence?
Bioluminescence is the production and emission of light by a living organism.Bioluminescent creatures are found throughout marine habitats, from the ocean surface to the deep seafloor.
The light emitted by a bioluminescent organism is produced by energy released from chemical reactions occurring inside (or ejected by) the organism. If you’ve ever seen a firefly, you have encountered a bioluminescent organism. In the ocean, bioluminescence is not as rare as you might think. In fact, most types of animals, from bacteria to sharks, include some bioluminescent members.
While the functions of bioluminescence are not known for all animals, typically bioluminescence is used to warn or evade predators), to lure or detect prey, and for communication between members of the same species.
6:00pm & 8:00pm
$50 + tax per person
- An Eco-Adventure – For outdoor enthusiast and nature lovers.
- Night Kayaking – Through the mangrove forest of Laguna Grande Reserve, in Fajardo.
- Chance to experience the glow of bioluminescent water.
- Wheelchair Accessible – Attainable Adaptations for guest with special needs and disabilities.
This tour is at walking distance from the highly-rated Kasavista Restaurant.
- Live Comment – Fully guided and live comment in English or Spanish.
- 101 kayaking lesson – First time in a kayak! no problem
- Big and Tall -Participants weight up to 290 lbs per person. 41″ wide kayaks
- Two person sit-on-top kayaks. These are the most user-friendly, stable and easy to get in and out of. There is no feeling of confinement on them. They’re also self-bailing, which means they have small holes (called “scupper holes”) that allow the water to drain right through them.
- Transportation Upgrade – available
- Don’t bring anything you don’t want to get lost or damage.
- No cameras or cellphone unless you have a waterproof case.
- For your convenience you can leave the car keys with us at the registration desk.
Know Before You Book
- Minimum age is 6 years.
- This Night Kayaking tour operates even if it rain, except in the case of extreme weather events or any warnings by the local weather authorities, Coast Guard or NOAA .
- Kayaking tour last around 2 hours.
- Maximum weight is 290 lbs (131kg) per person.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Road 987 Parque Pasivo
Las Croabas, Fajardo Puerto Rico 00738
Road 987 Las Croabas Park
Fajardo, PR 00738
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/p3od6Y
18.362081,-65.624306 / MapQuest
What should I wear?
Come prepared to get wet from your waist down. Lightweight, synthetic clothing or a swimsuit is the best. Do not walk bear foot on the beach for safety reasons.
What to bring?
Change of clothes, towel and mosquito repellent (just in case!). You can bring cameras only with water proof bag or water proof case.
What not to bring or wear?
We suggest that you try to avoid wearing jeans or sweats. Don’t bring any valuables you don’t want to get wet, lose or damage.
In case you want to leave any article, you can leave it at the registration table. Anything you bring on the kayak has the potential to get wet, damage or lost.
What’s the cancellation policy?
To reserve a space, a credit card number is required. All cancellations are subject to a $10 per person cancellation fee. We require a 24 hour cancellation notice to be eligible for a full refund less $ 10 per person cancellation fee, otherwise your credit card will be charged. Peniel Access Eco Tours cancels due to unsafe weather conditions or any recommendation from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA. A full refund will be given if we cancel for safety reasons.
Do you still take out trips if it is raining?
If it is a heavy rain we may offer you the option of rescheduling or canceling without being charged. If there is lightning close by we will cancel the trip but you should always assume the trip is going out and show up for your trip unless we have said otherwise. The rain and/or lightning may be moving away quickly and may only make for a short delay in our departure time even if it looks bad at the moment.
Is it okay if I have a drink before coming on the tour?
NO. Anyone who is visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate and will still be charged.
I have other questions not answered in this FAQ what shall I do?
Call us at (787) 463-1940 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I had such a great time, what can I do to recommend you to others?
Like us on Facebook @ accesstourspr and share a review with others in TripAdvisor @ Peniel Access Eco Tours.